I am defending myself in a criminal case and was asked to file a motion. Where can I find the forms needed to write the motion?


I called up the courthouse in Fillmore County, Minnesota and I was told there was no forms and to just write out the defense on paper. Is there a special form to use or some type of draft I can follow?


You should hire a lawyer or accept the assistance of the public defender. Writing out your defense is not advisable. An attorney can properly file the motion for you with legal authority for your position. There is a saying, “He who represents himself has a fool for a client”. Criminal matters are extremely serious and can impact your criminal record for life. Please consider hiring a lawyer to protect your future. Best wishes.