Can the state of TX make someone register as a sex offender for a crime of that nature that happened 30 years ago in MN?


my husband was convicted of criminal sexual misconduct 30 years ago in MN he completed his sentence and as of 2012 the state of TX has made him register as a sex offender in that state.


It would be wise to consult with a criminal defense attorney in Texas regarding the status of the registration requirements in that state.

Further, it may be worth your while considering a Minnesota Governor’s Pardon for the original crime. I have sought pardon’s in the past and am very familiar with the requirements. Pardon’s are particularly good for people who have very old convictions and have changed their lives for the better since that time. There are other variables as well, but, feel free to give me a call to discuss it further.