I was convicted over 23 yrs ago on drug charges, because I wouldn’t tell who it really belonged to.


And now I have three children amd two grandsons. I don’t want any of them to know of it. How do I seal/hide my record from them&public?


First, convictions are a matter of public record. So, anyone doing a search could potentially find your conviction.

Second, depending on what level of offense it was (i.e. was it a misdemeanor or a felony) and your state’s laws regarding expungement, you may be eligible for expungement. In limited circumstances, expungement may be successful.

Further, there is also the option of pardon – which is different from expungement. That is a very lengthy process, but, if you are determined to get the crime off of your record, you may want to consider it.

You can speak to a criminal defense attorney licensed in NH for more details. The state expungement laws vary so it is impossible for me to say for sure whether your offense can be expunged.